In our area, there is no shortage of senior living communities. From 55+ neighborhoods and retirement villages to continuing care and health services, the options are diverse and cater to different needs and preferences. This blog will provide an overview of some of the top communities and services available in suburban Philadelphia, with links to their websites for more information.
55+ Communities for the Fit, Active, and Independent:
For active seniors who are seeking a community that promotes health, fitness, and socialization, consider these top choices in Pennsylvania:
- Harrison Hill Apartments (West Chester) – This unique community offers 114 apartment homes, as well as regular events like “Monday Mingle,” holiday festivities, and games.
- Hershey’s Mill (West Chester) – A gated 55+ community featuring an 18-hole championship golf course, tennis courts, pickleball, bocce courts, and walking trails.
Independent Living Communities with Continuing Care and Life Care:
For seniors who want a seamless transition from independent living to assisted living or memory care if needed, these communities offer a range of services and amenities:
- ACTS Retirement–Life Communities (Multiple Locations) – With nearly 50 years of experience, Acts provides gracious living options and a resort-like lifestyle, along with the security of Acts Life Care®.
- The 501 at Mattison Estate (Ambler) – This community offers Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care in a prime location near downtown Ambler, with access to countless amenities and activities.
- Exton Senior Living (Exton) – Recognized as a 2022–23 Best Assisted Living Senior Community, Exton offers personal care apartments, restaurant-style dining, and numerous social events.
- Glen Mills Senior Living (Glen Mills) – This community provides 90 personal care suites, respite care, and short-term stay options, with a compassionate team available 24/7.
- Kendal-Crosslands Communities (Kennett Square) – With customizable living spaces, numerous amenities, and 5-star rated healthcare, this community is situated on an accredited arboretum campus.
- Anthology Senior Living (King of Prussia) – Offering independent living, personal care, and memory care, Anthology provides a vibrant lifestyle for its residents.
- Homestead Village (Lancaster) – A charming community close to downtown Lancaster, offering cottages, villas, and spacious carriage homes, as well as dual-licensed apartments for personal care.
- Echo Lake (Malvern) – A leading-edge retirement community offering Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Memory Care, with a focus on fitness, wellness, and innovative dining.
- Riddle Village (Media) – A Lifecare community with a range of amenities and 10 spacious apartment styles.
- Dunwoody Village (Newtown Square) – Located on 83 picturesque acres, this community offers a continuum of care and a newly renovated Community Building.
- Daylesford Crossing (Paoli) – A boutique-sized community offering personalized care, sophisticated surroundings, and unparalleled hospitality.
- The Mansion at Rosemont (Rosemont) – A premier boutique senior living community set in the historic Beaupre Estate, offering renovated apartment homes and cottages.
- Plush Mills (Wallingford) – An upscale, comfortable community with 157 independent and supportive living apartments.
- Freedom Village at Brandywine (West Brandywine) – A welcoming community offering Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care, and Rehab, along with a Life Care plan for future care needs.
For those who prefer to remain in their homes:
Be on the lookout for my next blog all about Surrey Services for Seniors. With multiple locations in southeastern Pennsylvania, seniors that prefer to stay in their own homes for as long as possible can benefit from the numerous services Surrey offers to help with various aspects of life.
With numerous communities and services designed specifically for those over 55, start exploring your next chapter in life today. We’ve gathered a wide array of options for seniors here, from 55+ communities for the fit, active, and independent, to continuing care and services for those who need more assistance. Take some time to review this information and find the perfect fit for your needs.
Leave A Comment